Angela Miller

Angela Miller
Im in love with my Lord and Savior

Friday, September 10, 2010

Protecting the Children

My youngest daughter has reached the age of 15, she has received her learners license and put in an application for a job within one week she has hit two milestones in her little life.  

So, as a protective mother I have rewarded her with a little more leniency.  What this means is she can go the Football games with friends on the weekend, as long as a parent (mostly me) takes and picks the children up from the game.  I'm not ready for her to ride with other teenagers at this time. 


However, this may come to a stop as quick as it started.  Last weekend my daughter attended a football game with the two most rival teams playing.  Everything went fine and we picked my daughter and her two friends up from the game as soon as the game ended, in fact we were there about 30 minutes before the game was over but waiting outside the gate for the girls to leave.  We all went to bed that night and all was safe at the Miller home.


The very next morning I turned on the computer and pulled up facebook to find a post by one of my daughters close friends post of panic that her sister had been hit in the face and their cousin had been hit and then chased by approximately 30 teenage boys.  


As a parent of a teenager; I am should I say very very dishearten by the behavior of these teenagers to the point that they would cause such harm to another human and to have 30 boys chase this young man.  


I have experienced this myself around the same age of my daughter and saw the results of a young man beaten by 16 within an inch of his life.  I called my father first then the police, this is one of the most frightening adult situation for a teenager to ever face.  By doing the right thing I was punished as a child by being spat on, thrown up against lockers, mocked at for nearly  a year.  The memory of this moment to me was like it happen yesterday.


So I ask you...... How do we protect our children, Who will protect me from the Wicked?Who will stand up for me against evildoers? Psalm 94:16  Within the next few years my daughter will graduate and be off to college, then what? 

No comments:

Post a Comment