Angela Miller

Angela Miller
Im in love with my Lord and Savior

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Coming out of the Wilderness

At this moment I am in a bible study written by Priscilla Shirer called One In A Million......We are just finishing up week three and I am thrilled.  This bible study is awesome!!!!

This is a bible study about the Walk to the Promise Land and the path through the wilderness, by the way of the Red Sea and how God used this time to bring his people to him, to keep their eyes focused on him and to rely on him for food,water, direction, etc.  So many of the people complained, which was a complaint against god.  Although he had already provided food and water for them they continued to grumble.

When times are good that is when we tend to turn away from our relationship with God, and then turn back to him during the wilderness.  God doesn't want this he is alive he wants to have a relationship with him always.  How do you think someone you are in a relationship right now would feel if you did that to them, only turned to them in the bad times?  I doubt your relationship would last very long.  Just as our relationship weakens with god when we turn away from him, we don't have our hearts filled with his word so therefore we have a tendency to head right back to the sinful ways of our past.


In my past (wilderness), I have grumbled and didn't search for the lesson god was demonstrating, So many times I have been caught up in the situation that I didn't look for gods hand in my life.   By doing so I was forced into the wilderness, and my days were darkened by sin.  I didn't understand why god had placed me in the wilderness or allowed me to be in the wilderness for so long. As, I mature in my walk with the Lord, it makes perfect since to me today. If you want something you have to work for it.  Why would the journey be easy if your are seeking abundant living.  So the walk in the wilderness may seem dry, lonely, dark and sinful, but its when you look back at the wilderness that you see gods footprint or his work in us.  God's word can bring you comfort during your walk in the wilderness. God only provides us our daily needs, so we will continue to visit him daily. God is passionate about us.  

Glory be To God for all he has done and continues to do in our lives. 



.

1 comment:

  1. I think that I am still in the "wilderness", though I can see the light and I keep feeling my pace pick up as I get closer! I have a lot of changes to make and things to do in my life to get completely out of it, but I look forward to the final outcome of standing on the other side with relief, but thankfulness, that I survived it! Thank you for another great read!

    ReplyDelete