Angela Miller

Angela Miller
Im in love with my Lord and Savior

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marriage

Whoa!!!!! this is a tough topic to me, for I struggle with Love and Relationship and fear of abandonment.

I am currently on my third marriage but one of the differences in this marriage and the first two is God is the center of my marriage now.  As, My husband and I continue to grow in our walk with Christ our marriage becomes stronger. 

In the past two years, my husband and I have been committed to our spiritual life.  We were already attending church, but we would come on Sunday mornings and some Wednesday night then go home and that was it for the week.  Then, we learned about a step study where we started focusing on our past.  In this study we came face to face with our past and present hurts, then we were able to forgive and be forgiven for those past bad choices.

After our 9 month journey we plugged in the church even more, bible studies, volunteering in E-town, music production in the church, etc.  By volunteering we were able to establish more relationship with our church family. 

Today my husband and I have recently stepped into a leadership role.  We are very excited about the possibility to serve our God and to help others to find their love for Christ.

God says Marriage is a Good idea. in Genesis 2:18 Then the Lord God said"It is not good for the man to be alone.  I will make a helper who is just right for him." so god created woman to become a man's helper.
God also says in Ephesians 5:21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.  For wives this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church.  He is the Savior of his body, the church.  As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.  For the husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church.  He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God's word.  He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish.  Instead, she will be holy and without fault.  In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies.  For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself.    This does not mean becoming a doormat, what God means is for both parties to submit to one another. For the wife this means willingly following her husband's leadership in Christ.  For the Husbands this means putting aside his own interests in order to care for his wife.    A man should love his wife as such 1) He should be willing to sacrifice everything for her 2) make her needs of primary importance 3) care for her as he cares for his own body.  Then a wife will be willing to submit to her husband because of the way he treats her.

Recently, I attended a Marriage Conference at my church and was reminded again of my place in my marriage, so many times, I find myself trying to be the leader of the home and not submitting to my husband. Therefore causing my husband to become out of sorts.  He is trying hard to honor me, but I want to control things. So I continue to ask God to guide me. 

So often in a marriage we get caught up in the world that we become distracted and become disconnected, and then the home starts to shake a little from the unsteadiness. Our marriage will face storms, god is just strengthening your marriage during this time. The reward will be when the two of you come through that storms and you are still standing together against the world.

Always be faithful in your marriage Hebrews 13:4 Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery., pray for your spouse and set great examples for your children by doing so you will be teaching your children the true biblical meaning of marriage.

Make your spouse a priority, be sure to continue to pursue your mate, make time for one another, pray for each other and most importantly pray together.

No comments:

Post a Comment